I went to Europe for 35 days, and this is what happened.

Monday, July 9, 2012

May 13th

J!

I don't really like Amsterdam. I guess maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance but what I saw, wasn't that impressive. I guess I was only there for 1 day so I can't say much about it.

Let's move on...

Got up this morning and made the mistake of taking a shower..WHOA! not in that hostel, EVER. AGAIN! So gross, Thank god we're only staying one night, pretty sure I caught a disease.

Let's discuss Carlos, our roommate, he's from Spain, didn't speak any English, so only Jeff was able to talk to him. Carlos was creepy, and always creepily smiled at us, he also had a tramp stamp tattoo, something I never needed to know.

Thankfully, after my disgusting shower we packed up and shuffled off to Berlin. If you couldn't tell by now, I'm not in the most pleasant of moods so a 5 hour train ride and a 25 minute backpack walk (remember when I told you Liverpool wasn't the longest walk. LOL either is this)  is not my idea of a great time. I attempted to stay optimistic, and finally Jeff found us a hostel called Helter Skelter.

In comparison to last nights hostel, that didn't even have a name, this was considered heavenly. Once settled in we realized we were staving and headed out for some food. Hostel Tom told us we can find some currywurst at the closer train station. We never actually found it, but we did get some sandwiches. Now I can't tell you what it was called, but I can tell you it involved chicken, cream cheese, eggs, and cucumbers. Needlesstosay, it was weird, but I ate it.

BERLIN HAS DUNKIN DOUNTS, and it was freezing. No one told me that I would need winter wear when I was backpacking in May, so everything I had on was light layers and still not enough, so hot chocolate from Dunkin Donuts hit the spot.

We went back to the hostel to figure out our next move for the morning, and showered in acceptable showers

No comments:

Post a Comment